MD - University of Cincinnati, Ohio
MPH - Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts
AB - Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
Internship and Residency - Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
Fellowship - St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee
Honors & Awards
- 2016 Bradley Stuart Beller Merit Award, Conquer Cancer Foundation
- 2015 St. Baldrick’s Fellow (Morgan and Friends Hero Fund), St. Baldrick’s Foundation
- 2013 Victor E. Stork Excellence and Future Promise in Pediatrics Award, Children’s Hospital, Los Angeles
- 2013 Laura E. Mabie Resident Teaching Award, Children’s Hospital, Los Angeles
- Disease burden estimation, decision analysis, global epidemiology of childhood cancer
- Prioritization and the cost-effectiveness of childhood cancer treatment in low and middle income countries
- Pediatric leukemia, cancer survivorship
Bhakta N, Liu Q, …Robison LL. Cumulative burden of cardiovascular morbidity in paediatric, adolescent, and young adult survivors of Hodgkin’s lymphoma: an analysis from the St Jude Lifetime Cohort Study. Lancet Oncol pii:S1470-2045(16)30215-7, 2016.
Ehrhardt M., Bhakta N, …Hudson MM. (2016) Absence of basal cell carcinoma in irradiated childhood cancer survivors of black race: a report from the St. Jude Lifetime Cohort Study. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers and Prevention 2016 (in press).
Green DM, Zhu L, Wang M, Ness KK, Krasin MJ, Bhakta N,… Hudson MM. (2016). Pulmonary Function after Treatment for Childhood Cancer: A Report from the St. Jude Lifetime Cohort Study (SJLIFE). Annals ATS Annals of the American Thoracic Society doi:10.1513/annalsats.201601-022oc
Bhakta N, Martiniuk ALC, Gupta S, Howard SC. The cost effectiveness of treating paediatric cancer in low-income and middle-income countries: a case-study approach using acute lymphocytic leukaemia in Brazil and Burkitt lymphoma in Malawi. Archives of disease in childhood 98(2):155-160, 2013.
Last update: September 2016