MD – East Carolina Brody School of Medicine, Greenville, North Carolina
Internship – East Carolina University School of Medicine and Children’s Hospital of Eastern North Carolina, Greenville, North Carolina
Fellowship – University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and Children’s Medical Center of Dallas, Dallas, Texas
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Eosinophilic GI Disorders
- Role of nutritional, environmental and psychological factors in control of pediatric inflammatory bowel disease
- Diagnosis and treatment of cyclic vomiting syndrome
- Diagnosis and treatment of functional abdominal pain and functional bowel disorders
Chatham, Daniel, Cavender, Cary P., Lieberman, Jay A Racial Disparity in Eosinophilic Esophagitis From a Single, Defined Population. Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology 10:1016,08/2014
Saeed, Shezad, Boyle, John T., Cavender, Cary P., Kelly, David. Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease Presenting as Eosinophilic lleocolitis. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology & Nutrition 41 (4): 01/ 2005.
Guerrero, Roberto A, Cavender, Cary P., Constipation: Physical and Psychological Sequelae Pediatric Annals 28:5, 312-316, May 1999.
Cavender, Cary P., Turley, Stephen D. Dietschy, John M. Sterol metabolism in fetal, newborn and suckled lambs and their response to cholesterol after weaning. American Journal of Physiology 269 (Endocrinology and Metabolism 32): E331-E340, 1995.
Last update: March 2018