How Facebook Fundraising donations work – St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
How can I donate to St. Jude on Facebook?
- You can donate to St. Jude through Facebook in several ways:
- See Facebook's helpful steps in "How do I donate to a fundraiser or charitable organization on Facebook?"
If I've donated on Facebook, what happens next?
- When someone donates to a charity on Facebook, the money will be distributed to the charity in a rolling 2-week payout cycle. See Facebook's "How are donations made on Facebook distributed to nonprofits?"
- Facebook covers processing fees, so 100% of donations to St. Jude are sent to the organization. See Facebook's "Are there fees for donations made on Facebook?"
Are there different ways to create a fundraiser?
- There are several ways to create a fundraiser:
- Read how to create a personal fundraiser or a fundraiser for a charity by following the directions in Facebook's "How do I start a fundraiser on Facebook?"
- You may have created a fundraising post by writing about St. Jude on your Facebook News Feed and then choosing to 'Add a Donate Button' after posting.
- You can start a fundraiser by clicking this link: https://www.facebook.com/pg/stjude/fundraisers/.
How can I find my Facebook fundraiser?
- There are a few ways you can find your fundraiser:
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/fundraisers/manage to see your fundraisers
- In Facebook, go to “Explore” (on the left-hand size of the screen if you're on a computer), and choose “Fundraisers.” Then, choose “Manage,” or look under your fundraiser shortcuts to see fundraisers you've created or donated to on Facebook.
- If your fundraiser has raised at least $50 USD or the equivalent, it will also show up on the St. Jude Facebook Page. See Facebook's "When does a supporter's fundraiser appear on a charity's Page?"
Can I connect my personal St. Jude fundraising page to Facebook?
- Yes! If you're already signed up for a St. Jude event, you can fundraise with Facebook by signing into your St. Jude fundraising center then connecting that campaign to Facebook.