Planning your race strategy?
Learn the course before you run it.
- The start and finish lines are two blocks apart, located near a dozen downtown hotels, plenty of restaurants and historic Beale Street.
- The race has a wave start with corrals.
- There are 24 hydration stations on the full marathon course. The first is located at the 1.5-mile mark, then one every mile from 3 through 25, all with fluids and portalets.
- Pace teams will be available on race day.
- Spirit stations are throughout the course, featuring Memphis music and other entertainment.
- A food and beverage area in AutoZone Park will be open to participants after they cross the finish line. You must wear your bib to gain access.
The marathon course time limit is six hours. (Half marathoners are asked to maintain a 20-minute/mile pace.)
All participants arriving at the marathon/half marathon split near Mile 11 at Cleveland Street after 11:50 a.m. will be diverted to the half marathon course. These participants will cross the half marathon finish line and receive a half marathon medal.
The finish-line structure disassembly will begin after 2:30 p.m. Late arrivals who have completed the full marathon course will not receive an official finish time but will receive a marathon finisher medal, if available.
Start: 245 feet above sea level
Finish: 215 above sea level
Highest point: 330 feet above sea level
Lowest point: 215 above sea level
All races are sanctioned and supervised by Memphis Runners Track Club (MRTC), which is a member of the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) and USA Track & Field (USATF).
The courses have been certified by USATF:
Half marathon: #TN16044MS