- I registered as a general participant. Why does my confirmation say that I'm a St. Jude Hero?
- Can I transfer my registration from one race distance to another?
- Can I change my registration information?
- How can I request a copy of my confirmation email?
- Are refunds available?
- When will registration close?
- What are my participation options?
- Do I have to fundraise to be part of the virtual experience?
- How do I submit my time?
- Will there be awards this year?
- Can I still qualify for the Boston Marathon?
- Do I have to run during race week? Or can I run at another time?
- What will the medals and shirts look like?
- When will race numbers, shirts and medals be shipped?
- Can I accumulate miles instead of run my race all at once?
- Can I do my race on a treadmill?
- Is the RTRT tracking app a requirement to complete my race?
- How do I connect RTRT to Strava?
- Shortcuts for connecting popular devices to Strave
- I connected the wrong Strava user account. How do I unlink the account and try again?
- Strava shows my results as faster than has been reported in the RTRT app. Why is it different?
- What is the St. Jude Heroes program?
- If I register at one fundraising level but raise as much as another fundraising level, will I automatically be upgraded?
- Can I cancel my fundraising commitment?
- What happens if I don't meet my fundraising goal by race day (Platinum - $5,000, Gold – $3,000, Silver – $1,500, Bronze – $600)?
- Do all event proceeds go to St. Jude?
- Where can I find the list of Heroes virtual benefits?
- What are my participants options as a Hero?
- Can I change distances or switch to the challenges?
- Can I drop down a level or to a general participant?
- Can I upgrade Heroes levels?
- If I decide to cancel my registration, can I be refunded?
- Can I defer my fundraising commitment to next year?
- Will I still be able to continue fundraising for the 2021 event if I choose to defer?
- Platinum Premier/Platinum & Gold Only: What will my hotel gift card entail and when will I receive it?
While fundraising is not required for general registrants, every participant receives a personalized St. Jude Heroes fundraising page, along with tools and guidance on how to fundraise. Registration fees ensure we're able to put on a great race, but those wishing to make a donation to St. Jude are strongly encouraged to fundraise or donate directly to the event.
Fundraising is a great way to enhance your race-weekend experience, and to help us make sure that families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food — because all a family should worry about is helping their child live. In appreciation, all participants who fundraise will receive recognition items. Learn more.
Yes. In 2020, you can transfer from one virtual race distance to another.
You'll be charged the difference in entry fees in effect at the time of upgrading if you switch to the 2-Race or 4-Race Challenge. If downgrading (from a Race Challenge to a single distance), a refund will not be provided.
To switch races, email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may only switch race distance once.
You can request your confirmation email be resent by completing this form.
We have a no refund, no transfer and no deferment policy. If you are unable to participate, your registration fee and any funds raised will be donated to the kids of St. Jude. For any questions regarding our policy, please email email@example.com.
We do not have a closing date yet, but will be sure to communicate it when we do.
We are offering the following virtual options which all include a mailed race number, event shirt and finisher medal:
- 5K, 10K, Half or Full ($40)
- 2-Race Challenge ($55)
- 4-Race Challenge ($70)
We will have more information about submitting your time soon.
No, we will not have awards in 2020.
Unfortunately, a virtual marathon time is not acceptable as a Boston Marathon qualifying time.
If you signed up for the 2-Race or 4-Race Challenge, you'll run your distances in the months leading up to race week, with your final distance completed during race week. If you signed up for a single distance, you'll complete this race during race week.
We are excited to reveal both of these to you this fall!
Commemorative race number will be sent out before race week with the goal for shirts, medals and other commemorative gear arriving by race week. Due to the Pandemic, we unfortunately cannot guarantee arrival times. Please ensure you're correct address is updated in your participant center.
You will need to complete your distance/s all at once.
Yes, you can complete your race on a treadmill. You will need to connect your RTRT account to Strava. This will ensure your treadmill activity is counted. Please watch our video on how this process works.
Race time submission is not required and will not be verified. However, if you would like to be included in our virtual results, the RTRT app is the only option to submit your race time.
You can unlink your Strava account via the Account Edit Profile screen. See here.
Strava activities usually emphasize 'Moving' time instead of Elapsed time. See here. We import the raw route data and our timing is calculated based on the total elapsed time it takes to complete the course distance just like in an actual event.
Juice Plus+® has proudly sponsored the St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend since the event first ran in 2002, making great strides in raising funds and awareness for kids’ health and for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
In addition to serving as presenting sponsor, Juice Plus+ encourages their corporate employees and sales partners to participate as St. Jude Heroes and hosts a spirit station along the course, featuring Memphis music and entertainment
Offering a line of plant-based products formulated to support good health, Juice Plus+ is committed to inspiring healthy living around the world and enabling healthy change. Initiatives include:
More information will be available soon about volunteering for this year's virtual event.
Participants who fundraise at least $250 for St. Jude while training for any St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend race earn the title of St. Jude Hero.
The St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend is the largest single-day fundraising event for St. Jude. Registration fees help us put on a great race, but fundraising is the best way to support the kids of St. Jude.
There are two ways to be a St. Jude Hero:
- Sign up prior to general registration at the Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze fundraising level, and get exclusive benefits and race-weekend perks.
- Register during general registration and raise at least $250. You'll earn a St. Jude singlet or tech shirt to wear race weekend, and have the chance earn other prizes based on how much you raise.
To ensure all St. Jude Heroes receive the benefits they register for, some of which are limited in quantity, we do not automatically upgrade fundraising levels. However, until August 11, participants will be allowed to increase their level, while availability lasts. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This year, things look a little different for all of us, and we understand that times may be tough. We'll allow you to cancel your fundraising commitment this year through Tuesday, August 11, but we also have some options for you to consider. You may:
- lower your fundraising level
- participate as a general participant and continue to fundraise with no requirement (no exclusive St. Jude Heroes benefits included, but you will be eligible to earn recognition items)
- defer your fundraising commitment to 2021 (your fundraising total will transfer to our 2021 St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend, though we cannot guarantee your same St. Jude Heroes benefits)
- cancel your fundraising commitment and race entry
All documents must be emailed to email@example.com for consideration, and no refunds of fundraising or program fees will be made.
As a Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze St. Jude Hero, your race entry and benefits are tied to your fundraising level. In October, you’ll be asked to secure your commitment to fundraise for the kids of St. Jude by providing your credit card information. At that time, you can donate to yourself to reach your fundraising goal, or we’ll keep your card on file until the fundraising deadline (January 4, 2021).
In the unlikely event you still haven’t met your goal by January 4, 2021, we will fulfill the remaining amount of your fundraising commitment with your credit card information.
The St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend is a collaborative effort between St. Jude and the Memphis Runners Track Club (MRTC). St. Jude owns the event and is responsible for costs associated with it.
We do our best to keep costs at a minimum, but, as with any major event, there is an expenditure associated with all of our races. Registration fees cover the majority of event costs, and once all fees are paid for the event's production, remaining proceeds go back to St. Jude.
Registration fees, then, are not a guaranteed donation to the kids of St. Jude. We rely on the fundraising efforts of our participants, and encourage all participants and volunteers to donate or raise funds for St. Jude.
See a list of virtual benefits on our St. Jude Heroes page.
- Remain committed:
- No changes to your registration
- Change your level (upgrade/downgrade)
- Change your distance or upgrade to the challenges
- Participate as a general participant with no fundraising commitment.
- Defer to 2021 and:
- Skip 2020 – 2021 Heroes benefits not guaranteed to match 2020.
- Participate as a 2020 general participant – No Heroes benefit in 2020, must pay 2020 virtual registration fee, 2021 Heroes benefits not guaranteed to match 2020.
- Those who defer will receive email after Aug. 11 with details about registering for general registration.
- Cancel registration and fundraising commitment for 2020.
Downgrading to a lower Hero level & deferring current level is not an available option.
Yes, if you are simply wanting to change distance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to participate in the 2 or 4-Race challenges, please fill out your survey sent via email on July 28 to indicate that you would like to change to the challenge. Our team will reach out to you in the coming weeks to confirm your registration change. There is no charge for committed Heroes to switch distances or upgrade to the challenges!
If you would like to downgrade levels, please email email@example.com. If you are wanting to be a general participant, please fill out your survey vie email on July 28 to indicate that you would like to change your registration type. Someone will reach out to you in the coming weeks to confirm your registration change. All request must be submitted by Tuesday, August 11.
Yes! We are accepting upgrade requests via our waitlist until August 11. These entries are first come, first served.
If you choose not to participate, we will refund your program fee upon request, but all donations raised cannot be refunded and will go to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. All refund requests must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, August 11.
Yes, you are able to defer. Please fill outyour survey sent via email on July 28 to indicate that you would like to defer. We will move your donations total to the 2021 event. Please note that current Heroes Level and benefits are guaranteed, however, you will have first access to register for the 2021 race. All deferment request must be submitted by Tuesday, August 11 and your total raised by this date is what will be deferred. Any funds raised from Aug. 12 on, remain with the 2020 event.
If you are interested in deferring and participating as a general participant, look out for an email after August 11 with further instructions on how to register.
No, if you choose to defer, the fundraising cutoff will be August 11. Once registration is open for the 2021 event, you can resume fundraising after registering and receiving your 2021 fundraising page. This will not be available until next year.
The hotel gift card will be to any Hilton or Marriott property. It will be equivalent to a two night (Gold) or three night (Plat. Premier/Platinum) stay. You will indicate your hotel chain preference during recommitment in the fall and will receive it shortly after.