For St. Jude Heroes raising funds for the lifesaving mission of St. Jude, crossing the finish line isn't the only challenge you've set for yourself. Here are some fundraising tips to help you reach your goal.
1. Add a personal touch. A thank-you email is quick and convenient, but a hand-written note that you take the time to mail doesn’t take much longer and can make a donor feel special.
2. Share your story. The reason you became a St. Jude Hero will be meaningful to the people you ask to donate. Let others see what running for St. Jude means to you.
3. Take it one step at a time. Much like the number of miles in a marathon, your overall fundraising goal may feel overwhelming. But just as you work your way up in training, you can break your fundraising goal into smaller chunks. List people and places to approach, and figure out how much you’ll need from each to reach your goal.
4. Put yourself out there. Use social media to hold yourself accountable and to inform others of your progress. Your friends will enjoy watching you achieve your goal while hearing about the mission you’re on to help the kids of St. Jude. Post a triumphant update, and watch the likes and dollars come in!
5. Give thanks. Take the time to reflect on how far you’ve come, and give a public thank you. Use the “Donations Make a Difference” page in your participant center to show your donors the impact they’re making. Standing in front of your peers, thanking them for their support and explaining the impact you were able to achieve together will make everyone feel part of something bigger.