BS – Moi University, Kenya
MSN-CNL – University of Tennessee, Memphis
Honors and Awards
- 2017 5100 club award- St. Jude children’s research hospital
- 2013 Sigma Theta Tau International
- 2012-2013 HRSA (Health Resources and Services Administration) scholarship
- 2013-2014 Chancellor’s Diversity scholarship award
- 2014-present American Nurses Association
- 2014-present Tennessee Nurses Association
- 2013 Sigma Theta Tau
I am a trained Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) with an interest in collaborative, interdisciplinary work with the goal of optimizing patient and family outcomes both in research and clinical settings. I currently work as the Clinical Research Associate-RN in the cancer predisposition division educating and consenting patients and families in clinical research studies. My focus is to:
- Guiding families through the consenting process
- Ensuring families have an adequate understanding of a clinical research study before consenting to participate
- Identifying barriers to enrollment in clinical research studies by different groups and making attempts at addressing them
Johnson LM, Sykes AD, Lu Z, Valdez JM, Gattuso J, Gerhardt E, Hamilton KV, Harrison LW, Hines-Dowell SJ, Jurbergs N, McGee RB, Nuccio R, Ouma AA, Pritchard M, Quinn EA, Baker JN, Mandrell BN, Nichols KE. Speaking genomics to parents offered germline testing for cancer predisposition: Use of a 2-visit consent model. Cancer. 2019 Jul 15;125 (14):2455-2464. doi: 10.1002/cncr.32071. Epub 2019 Mar 22.
Maciaszek, JL., Oak, N., Chen, W., Hamilton, KV., McGee, RB., Nuccio, R., Mostafavi, R., Hines-Dowell, S., Harrison, L., Taylor, L., Gerhardt, EL., Ouma, A., Edmonson, MN., Patel, A., Nakitandwe, J., Pappo, AS., Azzato, EM., Shurtleff, SA., Ellison, DW., Downing, JR., Hudson, MM., Robison, LL., Santana, V., Newman, S., Zhang, J., Wang, Z., Wu, G., Nichols, KE., Kesserwan, CA., Enrichment of germline RECQL4 loss-of-function variants in pediatric cancer. Cold Spring Harbor Molecular Case Studies, 5, a004218, 2019.
Throm RE, Ouma AA, Zhou S, Chandrasekaran A, Lockey T, Greene M, De Ravin SS, Moayeri M, Malech HL, Sorrentino BP, Gray JT. Efficient construction of producer cell lines for a SIN lentiviral vector for SCID-X1 gene therapy by concatemeric array transfection. Blood. 2009 May 21;113 (21):5104-10. doi: 10.1182/blood-2008-11-191049. Epub 2009 Mar 13.
Huang DD1, Foley BT, Tolzmann CA, Ouma A, Bremer JW. Complex mosaic composition of near full-length genomes of two NED (NIH-ENVA-DOD) subtype panel HIV type 1 strains, BCF-Dioum and BCF-Kita, originating from the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2009 Oct 25 (10):1039-43. doi: 10.1089/aid.2009.0078.
Last update: November 2019