Hospital guest policy
To protect the health and safety of patients, visitors are asked to follow these guidelines:
- Visitors must be 16 years of age or older to visit the hospital.
- Guests of all ages may visit the Danny Thomas/ALSAC Pavilion area located on the hospital campus by appointment. All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Because many patients are vulnerable to infections as a result of treatment, visitors who are sick or who have been exposed to contagious illnesses must postpone and reschedule their visit. Guests experiencing any of the following signs or symptoms must plan to visit at a later date:
- a temperature of 100.4° or greater in the last 48 hours
- vomiting or diarrhea
- "pink eye"
- rash suggestive of chickenpox, shingles, measles or other viral illness
- cold, flu or respiratory infection (runny nose, congestion, sore throat or cough)
- Visitors with a draining wound must plan to visit at a later date.
- Visitors who 1) have a rash after recently receiving the chickenpox vaccine or 2) have received oral polio or smallpox vaccines within four weeks must plan to visit at a later date.
To ensure a memorable experience for visitors, please follow these guidelines:
- All guests must be accompanied by an ALSAC or St. Jude staff member with an ID badge at all times.
- For privacy purposes, no photos or videos are allowed of patients, families or staff.
- Visitors should avoid interacting with patients or their families to safeguard health and privacy.
- St. Jude is a tobacco free campus. Smoking and the use of tobacco products while on campus is prohibited.
- Campus shuttle buses are available for patients, families and staff only.
If you have any questions regarding these policies, please contact us at (901) 578-2042 or (800) 877-5833, or email email@example.com.