Each year the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Fellowship Program accepts up to three new fellows. Applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and must consist of at least the following:
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vitae
- Three original letters of recommendation (submitted directly from the referee)
- USMLE transcript
- Medical school transcripts
- ECFMG Certification (if applicable)
All documentation must be received before an applicant's file is reviewed. Interviews begin in mid-July and continue through mid-April.
We have no citizenship requirements. Applicants must have a MD or local equivalent and 3 years of postdoctoral training in pediatrics in an ACGME-accredited pediatric residency program or an RCPSC-accredited or CFPC-accredited pediatric residency program located in Canada. An exception to this requirement may be made for an exceptionally qualified applicant who meets the following additional qualifications and conditions:
- Completion of a non-ACGME-accredited pediatric residency program in pediatrics,
- Satisfactory completion of USMLE Steps 1, 2, and, if eligible, Step 3 (transcript required)
- Verification of ECFMG certification for international medical graduates
- Demonstrated clinical excellence, in comparison to peers, throughout training, and
- Additional evidence of exceptional qualifications, such as participation in additional clinical or research training in pediatrics or pediatric infectious diseases, demonstrated scholarship in pediatrics or pediatric infectious diseases, demonstrated leadership during or after residency training, and/or completion of an ACGME-International-accredited residency program.
Preference is given to candidates with interests in careers in clinical, translational or basic science research and the potential to become successful academic subspecialists.
Strong candidates are offered an interview, which typically lasts an entire Friday and provides an opportunity to meet the faculty and current fellows and to tour the facilities. The costs of the interview, including airfare, lodging, and meals, is provided.
Please review the following for more information regarding: