Each SJLS member is expected to attend a minimum of three Leadership Development Sessions. These sessions will include the topics:
- Orientation & Team Building
- Gratitude & Good Citizenship
- Be the Best Version of Yourself
- Inspired Leadership — Service & Leading with Heart
Each member is also expected to fundraise and participate in the St. Jude Memphis experience. This trip to the St. Jude campus will include:
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital experience
- Building Your Personal Brand
- Diversity & Inclusion — National Civil Rights Museum experience
- A Leadership Conversation
Each SJLS member will be asked to raise a minimum of $2,500 by June 30, 2019.
- SJLS members who raise $2,500 will receive participation in the St. Jude Memphis experience conference, lodging, and meals for themselves and their mentor or parent.
- SJLS members who raise $5,000 will receive participation in the St. Jude Memphis experience conference, meals, hotel, and transportation for themselves and their mentor or parent.
Each SJLS member will identify a mentor: an adult they look up to in their life who will share in their experience. Mentors will be invited to participate in most of the leadership sessions and will be expected to join the SJLS member on their St. Jude Memphis Experience trip in July.