What is the average donation amount?
The average monthly donation for a St. Jude Partner in Hope is $25 per month. But any amount donated to St. Jude helps.
Your donation can help provide families with a sense of hope during a difficult time, all while helping St. Jude continue to lead the way the world understands, treats and defeats childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
Deciding how much to donate to charity
There are three important things to consider when deciding how much you would like to set aside for charity:
- Your budget: When incorporating charitable giving into your budget, choose an amount sustainable for your household. One option is to consider basing your donation amount on your monthly income. For example, you may feel comfortable giving a set amount or a percentage of your monthly income. After a few months of consistent donating, you may find there's room in your budget to increase that percentage. Plan quarterly or annual assessments of your charitable gifts to ensure you're on track to meet any philanthropic goals you may have.
- Tax advantages: Charitable donations can help lower your taxable income in the form of tax deductions. St. Jude is a tax-exempt nonprofit charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. This means that all charitable contributions to St. Jude are tax deductible.
- Donation impact: Every donation to St. Jude makes a difference, and by giving, you're helping kids with cancer and other life-threatening diseases worldwide. Consider the impact you'd like to have when deciding how much to donate.
The impact of your donation on St. Jude patients and families
Every child deserves a chance to live their best life and celebrate every moment. Together, we can save more lives. See the impact your donation can make:
* When you make a donation using this information, your donation will be used to provide breakthrough research, treatment and cures. Items listed here are representative of services and supplies that are part of the treatment and care of children at St. Jude. The cost of each item or service is an approximation, and will vary based on actual costs incurred and individual patient needs. Your donation will be used for the general operating needs of St. Jude, where no family ever receives a bill for treatment, travel, housing or food.. Read more about approximated costs.
Your donation matters
Donating to St. Jude helps ensure families never receive a bill for treatment, travel, housing or food — so they can focus on helping their child live. There are several ways you can donate:
- Make a one-time donation online or via mail. You can also dedicate your donation to someone with a memorial gift.
- Become a St. Jude Partner in Hope when you commit to monthly gifts.
- Explore workplace giving, like seeing if your employer has a matching gift program.
- Consider leaving some of your assets to St. Jude with planned gifts through your will or bequest.