The pre-written wording in our memorial cards reads as follows:
"A gift has been made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in memory of (deceased name goes here). This gift will continue to bring hope to the children of St. Jude today, tomorrow and beyond."
Common wording for further personalization within the card include:
- "So sorry for your loss."
- "Sending love and prayers during this difficult time."
- "With deepest sympathy on the loss of _____."
- The easiest and quickest way is to set up a St. Jude gift fund page online here. You have the option to personalize this page with a picture and information about or the obituary of the deceased, and the page can be shared with friends and family.
- You can also set up a St. Jude memorial fund by calling (800) 213-6584. You will need to have the following information on hand:
- Full name and nickname of the deceased
- Home city and state of the deceased
- Name and address of a family member or friend who would like to be notified of donations
If you do not have a link to donate to a specific memorial fund page, you can make a memorial donation online here, by calling (800) 213-6584, or by mailing a check to:
501 St. Jude Place
Memphis, TN 38105
If you mail a check, please include a memorial fund ID or the name of the individual that the gift is in memory of.
Donors often request memorial donation envelopes to keep on hand or to lay out at the funeral or memorial service of a loved one. You can request these by calling (800) 213-6584 or by emailing email@example.com.
If you make a donation here, you'll be given the option to notify someone via mail card or e-card. You will choose a design and provide personalization details and the address or email address of a recipient.
Mail cards can take approximately 3-10 days (5 to 7 business days) to arrive.
Yes. Personalized messages have a 120 character limit, and signature lines have a 30 character limit.
An email with the selected card and message will be sent to the recipient from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check your spam and junk folders for an e-mail from email@example.com if you don’t see it in your inbox.
Yes. You can opt out of notifying recipient as well as notify a recipient than an anonymous donation has been made in their loved one or friend's memory.
Memorial donations are made in memory of an individual that is deceased while honor donations are in honor of an individual, event or occasion.
Memorial donations frequently asked questions
Get answers to questions about donating in memory of someone, setting up a personalized gift fund and more.