An invitation for new nurse graduates
If you have recently graduated or are within two months of graduating from nursing school, St. Jude invites you to apply for a Pediatric Oncology Nurse position in inpatient areas.
Tips for applying
- Students should read the job description of each posting to identify the area specified for the Pediatric Oncology Nurse opening.
- Resumes and cover letters are encouraged, but not required.
- Visit our application system to view open positions or to sign up for nursing job alerts.
- Students are encouraged to start the application process two months prior to graduation.
What to expect
- New graduates are typically hired for night shift positions.
- New graduate nurses are hired for inpatient areas (Leukemia, Solid Tumor, ICU, and Bone Marrow Transplant); however, inpatient positions are not limited to new graduate nurses.
The Pediatric Oncology Nurse is the primary care coordinator of interdisciplinary patient care activities and is responsible for the management of patients throughout their continuum of care at St. Jude. The nurse is responsible and accountable for high quality patient care through implementation of the nursing process. This includes assessment of patient needs (physical, psychosocial, educational), design of a collaborative plan of care, implementation of the plan with appropriate delegation of tasks, coordination of team effort, and evaluation of patient progress towards outcomes. The nurse acts as a patient/family advocate, and seeks opportunities to communicate and coordinate patient care activities throughout the continuum of care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team.
- Graduation from a school of nursing required
- RN required (within 6 months of hire for new graduates)
- BSN required for all new graduates
- Experience in pediatric or oncology nursing preferred
- Strong clinical nursing, interpersonal, and patient education skills required
- Licensure: To find out more information about participating compact states, visit www.ncsbn.org.