Law students enrolled at ABA approved law schools are invited to apply for legal internship positions with the Office of Legal Services at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. We offer internships for the spring, summer and fall.
As a legal intern at St. Jude, you will be immersed in a unique culture where basic, translational and clinical research are housed on the same campus in a robust children’s hospital setting. Interns work closely with both in-house lawyers and outside counsel on substantive projects in many aspects of the law.
Depending on your professional interests, projects may include:
- Health law
- Business transactions
- Risk management
- International law
- Intellectual property
- Commercial transactions
- Construction law
- Privacy law
- Labor and employment
- Clinical trials
- Grants and contracts
- Higher education and academic law
- Technology law
- Law and regulations at the state and federal levels
Mentoring is a core aspect of the program. Attorney-mentors ensure each assignment comes with ample context and follow-through opportunities, with plentiful client interaction. Moreover, interns are routinely included in meetings of all types for educational purposes.
All interested law students enrolled at ABA approved law schools are encouraged to apply. Successful applicants:
- Have exceptional grades and/or experience
- Have preferably taken Professional Responsibility or have passed the Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam (MPRE)
- Are fluent in English
To prevent conflicts of interest, we do not accept students who have relatives working at St. Jude, except in extraordinary circumstances.
How to Apply
Applications must include:
- A current CV that includes undergraduate, graduate (if any) and law school GPAs.
- A cover letter addressing why you wish to have an internship at St. Jude, your expectations for the program, and why you believe St. Jude is the right place for your internship training.
- Unofficial Transcript
Application deadlines are as follows:
|Application Deadline||Requested Internship Period|
|October 15||Spring semester|
|July 1||Fall semester|