Law students enrolled at accredited law schools are invited to apply for legal internship positions with the Office of Legal Services at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. We offer internships for the spring, summer and fall.
As a legal intern at St. Jude, you will be immersed in a unique culture where basic, translational and clinical research are housed on the same campus in a robust children’s hospital setting. Interns work closely with both in-house lawyers and outside counsel on substantive projects in many aspects of the law.
Depending on your professional interests, projects may include:
- Health law
- Business transactions
- Risk management
- International law
- Intellectual property
- Commercial transactions
- Construction law
- Labor and employment
- Clinical trials
- Grants and contracts
- Higher education and academic law
- Environmental law
- Law and regulations at the state and federal levels
Mentoring is a core aspect of the program. Attorney-mentors ensure each assignment comes with ample context and follow-through opportunities, with plentiful client interaction. Moreover, interns are routinely included in meetings of all types for educational purposes.
All interested law students are encouraged to apply. Successful applicants:
- Have exceptional grades and/or experience
- Have preferably taken Professional Responsibility or have passed the Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam (MPRE)
- Are fluent in English
To prevent conflicts of interest, we do not accept students who have relatives working at St. Jude, except in extraordinary circumstances.
How to Apply
Applications must include:
- A current CV that includes undergraduate, graduate (if any) and law school GPAs.
- A cover letter addressing why you wish to have an internship at St. Jude, your expectations for the program, and why you believe St. Jude is the right place for your internship training.
Application deadlines are as follows:
|Application Deadline||Requested Internship Period|
|Last full week of November||Spring semester|
|Last full week of January||Summer|
|Last full week of July||Fall semester|
Please send all materials and inquiries to:
Global Privacy Counsel
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
262 Danny Thomas Place, MS 280
Memphis, TN 38105-3678