Patient and Family Experience interns will work side-by-side with hospital leaders on projects in a professional environment to gain insight and experience into the world of patient and family experience as well as healthcare administration.
Applications are due January 31, 2023.
The Patient and Family Experience Internship offers a motivated individual an opportunity to spend a summer placement within St. Jude’s Office of Patient and Family Experience at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Interns will work side-by-side with hospital leaders on projects in a professional environment to gain insight and experience into the world of patient and family experience as well as healthcare administration.
The internship will be project-focused with exposure to various components of our working environment. The internship is located in Memphis, TN.
Candidates should note that our internships are full-time learning experiences.
Typical Learning Opportunities
As an experiential and immersive program, you will develop and hone your practical skills on a broad range of areas including:
- Patient and Family Experience
- Project management
- Organizational culture
- Healthcare administration
- Additionally, you will take part in a variety of activities such as hospital tours, networking opportunities, building relationships with a variety of professionals across the institution, and have access to a dedicated mentor, to continue developing new skills.
- Interested candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college program.
- Candidates are accepted from all majors; an interest in healthcare administration is preferred 3.0 GPA or above. GPA will be validated by transcripts and communication with advisor. Any exceptions to these requirements must be approved by the VP of Academic Programs.
- Interested candidates must be entering junior, or senior year in an undergraduate program or be enrolled in a Master’s program to be considered.
Characteristics of the Successful Candidate
Students most likely to succeed as an intern will possess:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- The ability to manage priorities and work autonomously as appropriate
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
How to Apply
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to StJudePatientExperienceInternship@stjude.org
- Your letter should include a statement on how participation in this internship would support your academic and career goals.
Please note: Any previous internships or work experience should be included on resume.
Successful candidates will qualify for a stipend. All other expenses including housing, food and transportation are the responsibility of the selected intern.
Deadline to Submit Cover Letter and Resume
Applications for Summer 2023 are now open. Please submit a cover letter and resume by January 31, 2023.
Please email StJudePatientExperienceInternship@stjude.org with any questions.
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital mandates the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious accommodation, as a condition of employment.