The St. Jude Science Scholars of Tomorrow program is designed to inspire students with a budding, or well-established, interest in science, engineering or healthcare to look at the broad range of possibilities for academic and career paths. This program is an opportunity to see and hear from scientists who work in the field every day.
Applications are due on Sunday, December 18, 2016.
The St. Jude Science Scholars of Tomorrow program is a symposium-style one day event. We select our student participants through a competitive application process. There is no cost to participate in this program. It will take place on Thursday, March 2, 2017. Participants in our program will get to:
- Attend scientific talks by renowned St. Jude scientists, including our CEO
- Tour labs and core facilities and hear about our specialized equipment and methods
- Interact with a panel of scientists and clinicians from many departments to hear about a range of career options
- Eat lunch with post-doctoral fellows to hear about academic and training experiences
Some of our activities will be in a large group format and other activities will require breaking out into smaller groups with students from other schools.
Students who attend the St. Jude Science Scholars of Tomorrow symposium must:
- Be at least 16 years old and attend a high school in Shelby County.
- Have not attended a previous St. Jude Science Scholars of Tomorrow event.
Before you begin the application, print out the Application Instructions & Worksheet.
This document will give you instructions and a practice template so you can prepare to complete your application in one sitting once you are ready. This is a very important step since you can’t save your application and come back to it later. Please do not proceed to the application form until you have read the instructions and worked through the worksheet.