The St. Jude Science Scholars of Tomorrow program is designed to inspire students with a budding, or well-established, interest in science, engineering or healthcare to look at the broad range of possibilities for academic and career paths. This program is an opportunity to see and hear from scientists who work in the field every day.
The St. Jude Science Scholars of Tomorrow program is a symposium-style one day event. We select our student participants through a competitive application process due to our limited capacity. There is no cost to participate in this program. It will take place on Wednesday, March 4, 2020. Participants in our program will get to:
- Attend scientific talks by renowned St. Jude scientists
- Tour labs and core facilities and hear about our specialized equipment and methods
- Interact with faculty and staff from many different departments to hear about a range of career options
- Dive deep into a patient case study to learn more about the methods and tools used to fight childhood cancer
Some of our activities will be in a large group format and other activities will require breaking out into smaller groups with students from other schools.
To be considered for participation in the St. Jude Science Scholars of Tomorrow Symposium, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Be currently enrolled as a high school student within Shelby County
- Have not attended a previous St. Jude Science Scholars of Tomorrow event
- Submit a completed application including a teacher recommendation. Our application period is September 16-October 31, 2019. All applications must be completed and submitted by October 31.
Science Scholars Team