The Clinical Observer in Clinical Settings program is a shadowing experience offered by St. Jude Nursing Services. The program is designed to help undergraduates and other qualified individuals explore their interest in a nursing career.
Participants have the opportunity to join St. Jude nursing staff during their clinical duties, observing the unique St. Jude approach to patient care firsthand. Nursing staff members share insights into nursing careers, including the diverse opportunities offered by St. Jude.
Who is eligible?
Eligible candidates meet the following criteria:
- Must be 17 years of age or older
- Must have 3.2 or higher GPA
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or accepted into an academic institution (you must submit an unofficial copy of your college transcripts)
- Must be in good academic standing (you must submit a letter of academic standing)
- Must have a completed immunization history (you must submit a physician-completed immunization history)
- Must be able to travel to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee
- Must be able to provide your own housing during the observation period
How to apply
To apply, you will use our online form to submit your contact and background information, including a Letter of Academic Standing from your current institution and an immunization history completed by your doctor. The application must be filled out completely in order to be considered for the program.
Please remember, your reason for seeking the observation opportunity plays a large part in your acceptance to the program. The applications will only be open during the application dates listed below and participants will be placed during the corresponding placement date time frame.
|Application Dates||Placement Date|
After you apply
If you are accepted to the program, St. Jude will contact you to arrange a time for your observation experience. We will also provide more information to help you make the most of your time at St. Jude while abiding by hospital policies and procedures.