The National Auctioneers Association (NAA) is a proud partner of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. The NAA adopted St. Jude as its national philanthropy in 1995 and since that time has raised over $5 million for the lifesaving work of the hospital.
Beginning in July 2012, members of the NAA worked to raise $500,000 by November 2015 to directly fund the Postdoctoral Fellowship program, to help train and prepare tomorrow’s scientific leaders.
For over 20 years, the NAA has presented a time-honored tradition to the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital; the NAA Toy Auction. Each year, International Bid Call Champions teach St. Jude patients auctioning skills and warm-up tongue twisters in preparation for the toy auction that they are able to participate in at the hospital. Children are able to bid on any toy and get to take it home with them.
The NAA has a great fundraising tool, the St. Jude Auction for Hope. The St. Jude Auction for Hope is a simple way for the National Auctioneers Association members to do what they do best – raise money – and help the doctors and researchers at St. Jude do what they do best – Finding Cures. Saving Children. To learn more about the National Auctioneers Association visit www.auctioneers.org.
NAA members can participate in this program in a variety of ways.
- Ask auction attendees to add on a donation for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital to their purchase.
- Sell items to benefit St. Jude, such as a St. Jude tie or tote bag, to start off each auction held throughout the year.
- Host an auction in local communities from which all proceeds benefit St. Jude.
- Auction off the front-row seats at each of your auctions for St. Jude.
By supporting St. Jude you will be able to:
- Combine your passion of auctions with helping to save the lives of children battling cancer and other catastrophic diseases.
- Provide a meaningful event for your entire community to enjoy the exciting atmosphere of an auction.
- Generate press coverage for your company or organization.
- Create partnerships between you, your company and area businesses through event participation.
These are just a few ideas to begin fundraising. Start planning for your St. Jude Auction for Hope event today.