BA – College of St. Scholastica (1983)
MA – Augsburg College (1998)
MPH – University of Minnesota (2002)
PhD – University of Minnesota (2004)
- Physical Therapy
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Clinical and population measurement of physical performance and disability
- Exercise and physical activity intervention for chronic disease in childhood
- The impact of disability on quality of life and life satisfaction
- Obesity and metabolic syndrome in long-term cancer survivors
- Analysis of epidemiologic data
- Longitudinal Assessment of Frailty in Young Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer, Principal Investigator
- Establishment of a Lifetime Cohort of Adults Surviving Childhood Cancer, Co-Investigator
- Impact of Resistance Training and Protein Supplementation on Lean Muscle Mass in Childhood Cancer Survivors, Principal Investigator
- Childhood Cancer Survivor Study, Executive Committee
- Longitudinal Cardiotoxicity in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer, Co-Investigator
- Web-based Physical Activity Intervention in Adolescent Cancer Survivors, Principal Investigator
- Brain Integrity in Survivors of Childhood Cancer Treated with Thoracic Radiation, Co-Investigator
- Aerobic Training Intervention for Children with Newly Diagnosed Medulloblastoma, Principal Investigator
DeBlank P, Armstrong GT, Robison LL, Fisher M, Krull KR, Ness KK, Lu L, Leisenring WM, Stoval M, Vukadinovich C, Sklar C. Impact of Vision Loss Among Survivors of Childhood Central Nervous System Astroglial Tumors. Cancer, 2015. In press.
Jin J, Zhu L, Tong X, Ness KK. T-type Corrected-Loss Estimation for Error-in-Variable Model. Commun Stat Theory Methods, 2015. In press.
Hines MR, Mulrooney DA, Hudson MM, Ness KK, Green DM, Howard SC, Krasin M, Metzger ML. Pregnancy-associated cardiomyopathy in survivors of childhood cancer. J Cancer Surviv. Epub ahead of print June 5, 2015.
Wilson CL, Liu W, Yang JJ, Kang G, Ojha RP, Neale GA, Srivastava DK, Gurney JG, Hudson MM, Robison LL, Ness KK. Genetic and clinical factors associated with obesity among adult survivors of childhood cancer: A report from the St. Jude Lifetime cohort. Cancer. Epub ahead of print May 11, 2015.
Khan RB, Hudson MM, Ness KK, Liang Z, Srivastava D, Krull KR. Association of attention deficit disorder with bedside anti-saccades in survivors of childhood leukemia. J Child Neurol. Epub ahead of print April 26, 2015.
Casillas JM, Oeffinger KC, Hudson MM, Greenberg ML, Yeazel MW, Ness KK, Henderson TO, Robison LL, Armstrong GT, Liu Q, Leisenring W, Yasui Y, Nathan PC. Identifying predictors of longitudinal decline in the level of medical care received by adult survivors of cancer: a report from the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study. Health Serv Res. Epub ahead of print January 20, 2015.
Hudson MM, Oeffinger KC, Jones K, Brinkman TM, Krull KR, Mulrooney DA, Mertens A, Castellino SM, Casillas J, Gurney JG, Nathan PC, Leisenring W, Robison LL, Ness KK. Age-dependent changes in health status in the Childhood Cancer Survivor Cohort. J Clin Oncol 33(5):479-91, 2015.
Chemaitilly W, Li Z, Huang S, Ness KK, Clark KL, Green DM, Barnes N, Armstrong G, Krasin MJ, Srivastava K, Pui C, Merchant T, Kun L, Gajjar A, Hudson MM, Robison LL; Sklar C. Anterior Hypopituitarism in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancers Treated with Cranial Radiotherapy: A Report from the St. Jude Lifetime Cohort Study. J Clin Oncol 33(5):492-500, 2015.
Kimberg CI, Klosky JL, Zhang N, Brinkman TM, Ness KK, Srivastava DK, Robison LL, Hudson MM, Krull KR. Predictors of health care utilization in adult survivors of childhood cancer exposed to central nervous system-directed therapy. Cancer 121(5):774-82, 2015.
Karlage R, Wilson CL, Zhang N, Kaste S, Green D, Armstrong GT, Robison LL, Chemaitilly W, Srivastava K, Hudson MM, Ness KK. Validity of anthropometric measurements for characterizing obesity among adult survivors of childhood cancer: a report from the St. Jude Lifetime Cohort Study. Cancer 121(12):2036-43, 2015.
Armstrong GT, Robison LL, Hudson MM, Zhang N, Srivastava KR, Green D, Krull KR, Ness KK, Joshi VM, Griffin B, Grimm R, Phelan D, Collie P, Thomas J, Mulrooney D. Comprehensive Echocardiographic Detection of Treatment-related Cardiac Dysfunction in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer: Results from the St. Jude Lifetime Cohort Study. J Am Coll Cardiol 65(23):2511-22, 2015.
Wilson CL, Gawade PL, Ness KK. Impairments that influence physical function among survivors of childhood cancer. Children (Basel) 2:1-36, 2015.
Ness KK, DeLany JP, Kaste SC, Mulrooney DA, Pui CH, Chemaitilly W, Karlage RE, Lanctot JQ, Howell CR, Lu L, Srivastava DK, Robison LL, Hudson MM. Energy balance and fitness in adult survivors of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Blood 125(22):3411-9, 2015.
Ness KK, Neel MD, Kaste SC, Billups CA, Marchese VG, Rao BN, Daw NC. A comparison of function after limb salvage with non-invasive expandable or modular prostheses in children. Eur J Cancer 50:3212-20, 2014.
Ness KK, Kaste SC, Zhu L, Pui CH, Jehu S, Nathan PC, Inaba H, Wasilewski-Mayer K, Shah D, Wells RJ, Karlage RE, Robison LL, Cox CL. Skeletal, neuromuscular and fitness impairments among children with newly diagnosed acute lymphoblasic leukemia. Leuk Lymphoma 20:1-8, 2014.
Last update: July 2015