To give you some ideas to increase the impact of your event, here are some helpful tips and suggestions from some of our most successful coordinators:
- Contact your local Chamber of Commerce to add your event date to community calendars in your area.
- Include information about your event in an upcoming newsletter or send out an e-mail explaining the event to your group.
- Pre-register participants to take part in the event and encourage them to begin collecting donations for their participation.
- Collect contact information, including e-mail addresses, from all of your participants so you can remind them three to five days before the event and thank them after the event.
- Reach out to other car and cycle clubs and ask them to take part in your event.
- Help increase your event's donations by asking for help from within your community.
- Many coordinators appeal to local businesses for monetary, prize and food donations.
- Add side events to help enhance participation and raise additional funds. Some great examples are barbecues, picnics and dinners where attendees are charged by the plate.
- Visit www.stjude.org to find more patient stories to share with your group.
Tell us how you’re helping
Do you have some great Cruisin' tips to share? Tell us your success story, activities that took place at your event, helpful tips and any other fun details and pictures you'd like to share by submitting them to firstname.lastname@example.org.