St. Jude is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. That’s why we make sure you have excellent, affordable benefits with a wide variety of options to keep you and your family on the road to good health and financial security.
From helping you maintain good health to assisting you with care when you need it, your health insurance coverage is a valuable benefit. St. Jude employees enjoy medical, prescription drug, dental and vision plans that are affordable and flexible for various needs.
- No waiting — eligibility starts on first day of employment
- Low monthly premiums
- Low medical deductibles and no deductibles for dental and vision insurance
- Options to cover eligible family members
It’s never too early to start thinking about where you want to be at retirement age and how you can get there. St. Jude provides several retirement benefits to assist you in preparing for retirement.
- Employer contributions. Eligible employees start receiving contributions from St. Jude on their one-year anniversary. Most employees receive 7% of their biweekly salary starting after the first year. Employees are not required to match.
- Auto-enroll feature helps you start saving on your own from your hire date
- Retirement consultants regularly visit campus for convenient one-on-one counseling
When life throws unexpected twists, St. Jude understands how important it is to have a safety net. St. Jude offers several programs to help you handle whatever life brings.
- St. Jude-paid life insurance for employees, spouses and children
- Additional life insurance options for employees
- Long-term disability insurance
- Aflac supplement health insurances
- Long-term care insurance
Health is central to St. Jude’s mission, and we are proud to support employees in their efforts to lead more healthy lifestyles. Our employee wellness program, Living Well, is focused on helping you succeed in five core areas: Getting Active; Eating Healthy; Preventing Illness/Injury; Balancing Work/Family; and Coping with Stress.
- Onsite Health and Wellness Center
- Onsite Pharmacy
- Onsite Behavioral Specialist
- Onsite Chronic Conditions Counselor
- Mental and Emotional Health Services
- Employee Assistance Program
Trying to manage daily responsibilities and life events can be a challenge at times. St. Jude offers a wide range of programs and resources to support you — and your family — both at work and at home.
- Flexible spending accounts (health and child care FSAs)
- Group legal plan
- Adoption assistance
- Paid parental leave
- Identity theft protection insurance
- Online and telephone resources for work/life balance
- 529 college savings plans
- Childcare Assistance Programs
- Fertility Benefit Partner
- Healthy Maternity Program
- Financial Services
St. Jude recognizes that a highly educated workforce is essential to support the hospital’s mission to provide unsurpassed patient care and to advance the health of children through biomedical research. For that reason, employees have tremendous opportunity to learn and grow at St. Jude.
- Tuition assistance for bachelor and graduate degrees
- Professional development
- Specialized training programs
- Career counseling
- Conferences and seminars on campus featuring world-renowned speakers
No matter how much you love work, time away is important, too. St. Jude offers a variety of options to help you plan your time off.
- New employees start accruing three weeks of paid vacation during the first year
- Six weeks of paid parental leave for eligible employees
- Nine paid holidays per year, as well as two personal days
- Leave sharing program
St. Jude takes pride in offering our employees on-campus conveniences to make life a little easier, and ways to relax and reflect on a job well done.
- Health & Wellness Center and Pharmacy
- Kay Kafe cafeteria, food trucks and Starbucks
- Fresh, local produce subscriptions (CSA boxes)
- Summer concert series
- Travel office
- Credit union
- Mobile employee app
- Danny and Rose Marie Thomas Memorial Garden
- Car wash/detailing services
- Resilience center
- Bike sharing program
- Bistro with healthy options