St. Jude is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. That’s why we make sure you have excellent, affordable benefits with a wide variety of options to keep you and your family on the road to good health and financial security.
From helping you pursue good health to assisting you with timely care, your health insurance is a valuable benefit. St. Jude employees enjoy medical, prescription drug, dental and vision plans that are affordable and flexible.
- No waiting — eligibility starts on first day of employment
- Zero to low monthly premiums
- Low medical deductibles and no deductibles for dental and vision insurance
- Options to cover eligible family members
It’s never too early to start thinking about retirement and how you can get there. St. Jude provides several benefits to prepare you for retirement.
- Employer contributions. Eligible employees start receiving contributions from St. Jude on their one-year anniversary. Most employees receive 7% of their biweekly salary. Employees are not required to match.
- Auto-enroll feature helps you save on your own from your hire date.
- Retirement consultants regularly visit campus for convenient one-on-one counseling.
When life throws unexpected twists, St. Jude understands the importance of a safety net. St. Jude offers several programs to help you handle whatever life brings.
- St. Jude-paid life insurance for employees, spouses and children
- Additional life insurance options for employees
- Long-term disability insurance
- Aflac supplement health insurances
- Long-term care insurance
Health is central to the St. Jude mission. We are proud to support employees in their efforts to lead more healthy lifestyles. Our employee wellness program, Living Well, is focused on helping you succeed in five core areas: Getting Active, Eating Healthy, Preventing Illness/Injury, Balancing Work/Family, and Coping with Stress.
- Free, onsite fitness center
- Onsite health clinic (for employees enrolled in the medical plan) and pharmacy
- Group fitness classes
- Financial wellness resources
- Onsite health screenings and individual health coaching
- Mental and emotional health services
- Fun challenges and activities
Managing daily responsibilities and life events can be a challenge. St. Jude offers programs and resources to support you — and your family — both at work and at home.
- Mental and emotional health services
- Flexible spending accounts (health and child-care)
- Group legal plan
- Adoption assistance
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility benefits through Progyny (for employees enrolled in the medical plan)
- Healthy Maternity program (for employees enrolled in the medical plan)
- Identity theft protection insurance
- Online and telephone resources for work/life balance
- 529 college savings plans
- Family care support and resources through Bright Horizons
St. Jude recognizes that a highly educated workforce is essential to the hospital’s mission. For that reason, employees have many opportunities to learn and grow at St. Jude.
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees for full-time employees after their one-year anniversary
- Professional development
- Specialized training programs
- Career counseling
- Conferences and seminars on campus featuring world-renowned speakers
No matter how much you love work, time away is also important. St. Jude offers a variety of options to help you plan your time off.
- New employees start accruing three weeks of paid vacation during the first year
- Six weeks of paid parental leave for eligible employees
- Nine paid holidays per year, as well as two personal days
- Leave sharing program
St. Jude takes pride in offering employees on-campus conveniences to make life easier, as well as ways to relax and reflect on their work.
- Health & wellness center and pharmacy
- Kay Kafe cafeteria, food trucks and Starbucks
- Summer concert series
- Travel office
- Credit union
- Danny and Rose Marie Thomas Memorial Garden
- Car wash/detailing services
- Resilience center
- Bike-sharing program