Department of Computational Biology
Recognized as a world leader in genomic analysis and data visualization, the Department of Computational Biology is expanding to develop innovative research programs in:
- systems biology
- biological image analysis
As a member of the department, you will have the opportunity to advance novel and creative approaches, integrating dry-lab computational methods development with wet-lab experimentation.
Bioinformatics Resources at St. Jude
The department occupies 28,700 square feet of recently constructed laboratory and office space. As a researcher here, you will have access to dedicated departmental shared resources established for big data analysis and functional validation. These include priority access to:
- cloud computing infrastructure and a local high-performance computing facility
- a core wet lab available to support dry lab faculty
- an engineering team for high-throughput data analysis
- a genomics laboratory for developing novel biological assays
- mentoring and training from faculty members and senior-level scientists
The research environment at St. Jude is highly interactive with collaborative opportunities across all basic research and clinical departments, as well as access to outstanding institutional shared resources managed by PhD-level scientists.
Other Bioinformatics Positions
Independent investigators across St. Jude research departments also offer opportunities for bioinformatics researchers to take dedicated positions within their groups. These positions are excellent for bioinformatics specialists and computational biologists who seek to join a department focusing on a specialized area of research, such as pathology, developmental neurobiology and others.