The Department of Genetics studies:
- the genetic and molecular basis of several human diseases
- molecular mechanisms involved in early mouse development and organogenesis
- molecular mechanisms involved in metabolic disorders
- DNA damage responses in the central nervous system, and
- the roles of oncogenes, tumor suppressors, and signaling pathways in cancer.
A central theme in the department is the use of mouse models to study gene function and to test gene and small molecule therapeutic strategies for cancer and metabolic diseases. Engineered animals are generated in the Transgenic/Gene Knock-out Facility, which is maintained by the department.
Department of Genetics
MS 331, Room D3055
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
262 Danny Thomas Place
Memphis, TN 38105-3678
Telephone: (901) 595-2692
Fax: (901) 595-6035
Preferred contact method: email