How does a charitable gift annuity (CGA) work?
A charitable gift annuity provides a way for you, as a donor, to make an irrevocable gift to support the lifesaving mission of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, while at the same time providing a source of fixed income for life to you — or another recipient of your choosing.
- When you sign an annuity agreement with a charity like St. Jude, you make a lump sum donation and take a partial tax deduction.
- Once the lump sum is invested, you or a person of your choosing receive payments on a fixed schedule for life, per terms of the agreement.
- After the recipient's lifetime, the charity receives the balance of the invested funds.
Make a charitable gift annuity part of your legacy. Learn more about legacy giving at St. Jude.
Is a charitable gift annuity right for me?
A charitable gift annuity (CGA) might be right for you if you:
- want to receive fixed payments for life that will not fluctuate.
- have assets that would be advantageous to give away during your lifetime, such as cash or funds earning low interest rates, or appreciated securities.
- want to reduce your current income taxes with an income tax charitable deduction.
ALSAC/St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital does not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. This material is prepared and made available to you for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide or be relied upon for tax, legal or accounting advice. You should always consult a tax professional to determine your particular tax benefits that may result from any particular type of gift to charity.
What are the current gift annuity rates?
Increased payment rates are in effect July 1, 2022. Now is a great time to consider how a gift annuity might work for you.
Annuity payment rates based on $20,000 gift annuity
Helpful resources for charitable gift annuities:
Why give to St. Jude through a charitable gift annuity?
Families never receive a bill for treatment, travel, housing or food — so they can focus on helping their child live.
Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20% to more than 80% since it opened in 1962. St. Jude won't stop until no child dies from cancer.
St. Jude shares its discoveries with doctors and scientists in your community and around the world, so every child saved at St. Jude means thousands more children are also saved.
Tax ID Number:
We are a tax-exempt, charitable institution listed in the Federal Internal Revenue Service Publication #78, "Cumulative List of Organizations," revised IRS Code 501(c)(3).
You might also be interested in:
Our Gift Planning department has a representative in your area who can provide further information or help you prepare the right questions to ask your financial advisor to determine what type of planned gift may be right for you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call (800) 395-1087, or fill out the form below, and a St. Jude representative will contact you.