How does a charitable gift annuity (CGA) work?
A charitable gift annuity provides a way for you, as a donor, to make an irrevocable gift to support the lifesaving mission of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, while at the same time providing a source of fixed income for life to you — or another recipient of your choosing.
- When you sign an annuity agreement with a charity like St. Jude, you make a lump sum donation and take a partial tax deduction.
- Once the lump sum is invested, you or a person of your choosing receive payments on a fixed schedule for life, per terms of the agreement.
- After the recipient's lifetime, the charity receives the balance of the invested funds.
You can make a charitable gift annuity part of your legacy plans. Learn more about legacy giving at St. Jude.
Is a charitable gift annuity right for me?
A charitable gift annuity (CGA) might be right for you if you:
- want to receive fixed payments for life that will not fluctuate.
- have assets that would be advantageous to give away during your lifetime, such as cash or funds earning low interest rates, or appreciated securities.
- want to reduce your current income taxes with an income tax charitable deduction.
ALSAC/St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital does not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. This material is prepared and made available to you for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide or be relied upon for tax, legal or accounting advice. You should always consult a tax professional to determine your particular tax benefits that may result from any particular type of gift to charity.
What are the current gift annuity rates?
St. Jude charitable gift annuity rates, effective Jan. 1, 2023.*
Annuity payment rates, effective Jan. 1, 2023, based on $20,000 gift annuity
Helpful resources for charitable gift annuities:
Why give to St. Jude through a charitable gift annuity?
Families never receive a bill for treatment, travel, housing or food — so they can focus on helping their child live.
When St. Jude opened in 1962, childhood cancer was considered incurable. Since then, St. Jude has helped push the overall survival rate from 20% to more than 80%, and we won't stop until no child dies from cancer.
Every child deserves a chance to live their best life and celebrate every moment. When you support St. Jude, you help give kids with cancer around the world that chance. Together, we can save more lives.
Tax ID Number:
We are a tax-exempt, charitable institution listed in the Federal Internal Revenue Service Publication #78, "Cumulative List of Organizations," revised IRS Code 501(c)(3).
You might also be interested in:
Our Gift Planning department has a representative in your area who can provide further information or help you prepare the right questions to ask your financial advisor to determine what type of planned gift may be right for you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call (800) 395-1087, or fill out the form below, and a St. Jude representative will contact you.