Excellent nursing and patient care are vital to the St. Jude mission. Through our unique shared decision-making process, nursing and patient care services staff at St. Jude actively participate in decisions about all aspects of how we care for and support our patients and their families.
Our nursing and patient care services fellowship programs offer opportunities to advance your education and training in an environment that values your work and fosters creativity and innovation.
Evidence-Based Practice Fellowship
The Patient Care Services Evidence-Based Practice Fellowship gives participants the knowledge and tools to improve patient care by incorporating the best available evidence, the clinician’s experience and the patient’s preferences into the decision-making process.
Applicants must have worked at St. Jude or a St. Jude affiliate for at least 18 months. The fellowship is open to all members of St. Jude Patient Care Services, as well as our nurses, advanced practice clinicians and clinical staff outside of Patient Care Services.
The fellowship runs for 12 months. Fellows participate in monthly day-long training sessions and have one morning per month dedicated to their fellowship project.
- Classroom, web-based and hands-on learning opportunities.
- Learning to utilize evidence-based practice methods to identify the best evidence and translate findings into practice.
- Designing and implementing an evidence-based practice project to improve patient care at St. Jude.
- Sharing the results of your work via a poster and presentation.
Examples of Current Fellowship Projects
- Determining the efficacy/yield/complication rate of bronchoalveolar lavage in patients with leukemia
- Determining the efficacy of the antiemetic aprepitant (Emend) in brain tumor patients undergoing bone marrow transplant
- Developing a tool to measure symptoms
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.