The Human Resources Internship in Talent Acquisition and Recruitment offers a motivated individual an opportunity to spend a summer placement within the Human Resources department at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Interns will work side-by-side with professionals on projects in a professional environment to gain insight and experience in the world of Human Resources Management and Development.
The internship will be project-focused with exposure to various components of our working environment. The internship is located in Memphis, TN.
Candidates should note that our internships are full-time learning experiences. You should expect to be available Monday through Friday during standard office hours starting June 5, 2023, through August 11, 2023.
Typical Learning Opportunities and Responsibilities
This comprehensive experience will provide you with the opportunity to develop skills in the following competencies: Recruitment, Talent Sourcing, Employment and Personal Branding, Content Development, Data Management, Metrics, and Reporting.
- Provide support for ongoing Full-Cycle Scientific Recruitment and Talent Sourcing. To include attending Strategy Meetings with Hiring Managers, creating Job Posts, Sourcing and Screening Candidates, meeting with candidates, and assisting with creating Offer Proposals.
- Assist in the planning, development, and implementation of Institutional Branding and Content Development for social media.
- Assist with the assessment of recruitment success through Data Management, Metrics, and Reporting in our Candidate Relationship Management System
- Engage with the Talent Acquisition Team and participate in bi-weekly team meetings.
- Facilitating in-person and virtual presentations in front of diverse audiences across the company.
Additionally, you will take part in a variety of activities such as building relationships with professionals across the institution and have access to a dedicated mentor to continue developing new skills.
- Interested candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college (entering junior or senior year) or graduate program.
- Interested candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college program.
- Candidates are accepted from all majors; an interest in Human Resources, Healthcare, Science, or a related discipline is preferred. 3.0 GPA or above. GPA will be validated by transcripts and communication with an advisor. Any exceptions to these requirements must be approved by the VP of Academic Programs.
Characteristics of the Successful Candidate
Students most likely to succeed as an intern will possess:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- The ability to manage priorities and work autonomously as appropriate
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Experience with Microsoft Office and LinkedIn
How to Apply
Apply using the form on the page. Both your resume and cover letter should be in PDF format. Your letter should include a statement on how participation in this internship would support your academic and career goals. Any previous internships or work experience should be included on your resume.
Successful candidates will qualify for a stipend. Other expenses, including food and transportation, are the responsibility of the selected intern.
Deadline to Submit Cover Letter and Resume
Applications are now open. The deadline to submit is January 31, 2023.
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital mandates the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious accommodation, as a condition of employment.