Come explore a variety of postdoctoral training opportunities available in the Department of Psychology. Our aim is to provide a superb training experience to future leaders in pediatric psychology in the provision of clinical service and research.
As a fellow, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the unique St. Jude patient population. Our patients include childhood cancer survivors as well as children with cancer, sickle cell disease and other hematological disorders, and infectious diseases such as HIV/AIDS. Fellows have opportunities for clinical training in intervention and assessment with infants through young adults.
The fellowship is designed to be flexible to suit the interests and professional goals of each trainee, with a focus on both clinical and research activities. Fellows enjoy excellent support and benefits, with a competitive salary consistent with NIH fellowship guidelines. St. Jude also offers a close-knit, collaborative environment, outstanding mentorship and superb resources.
We are offering two broad fellowship categories:
|Clinical||Research w/Clinical||Research w/o Clinical|
|Time Commitment||1 year||2 year||2 year|
|Percent Time||100% clinical||30% research/70% clinical or 70% clinical/30% research||100% research|
|Opportunity for assessment||Yes||Yes||No|
|C/L & Psychotherapy||Yes||Yes||No|
|Supervision Rotation Opation||Yes (clinical)||Yes (clinical and/or research)||Yes (research)|
|Other Specialty Rotations (e.g., Early Childhood Clinic, Pain)||Yes||Yes||No|
For those interested in research, openings are available in the following research areas :
- Pain and the use of e/mHealth tools and interventions in pediatric oncology patients and survivors
- Sleep disruptions in children with cancer
- Coping and adjustment in children with cancer
- Health management and transition to adult care in sickle cell disease
- Cancer predisposition and adjustment in families of children with cancer
- Health-related quality of life in pediatric cancer survivors
- Social outcomes in children with cancer
For those desiring licensure, clinical and research with clinical track positions offer supervised clinical hours. St. Jude is a recognized APPIC member (www.appic.org). Opportunities for collaborations are available with the University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center and the University of Memphis, Department of Psychology.
About St. Jude
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is a premier center for research and treatment of life-threatening childhood diseases, including cancer and certain blood, genetic, and immunodeficiency disorders. The hospital's mission is to advance cures and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. St. Jude is dedicated to providing unsurpassed patient care and to advancing the health of children through biomedical research.
Applicants must have a PhD or PsyD in clinical, counseling, or school psychology from an APA- or CPA-accredited doctoral program, completed an APA- or CPA-accredited (or equivalent) internship, and defended their dissertation prior to beginning the fellowship
- For research only track positions, applicants must have a PhD from a relevant discipline (e.g., clinical, developmental) and defended their dissertation prior to the beginning of fellowship
Application to include:
Completed online applications are requested by December 15, 2019; however, applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
Applicants must apply through the APPA CAS. To register for an account and complete an application, please go to https://appicpostdoc.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login .
The following materials must be submitted using the APPA CAS:
- Cover letter indicating track interest (clinical, research with clinical, or research without clinical);
- Curriculum vitae (CV);
- Three letters of recommendation (called “evaluations” by the APPA system), including one from internship director (clinical track and research with clinical track only);
- Statement from graduate program training director verifying date doctoral requirements will be met;
- An official graduate transcript
St. Jude is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. Candidates receiving offers of employment will be subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.