The Quality of Life/Palliative Care internship will provide a qualified undergraduate or master’s level student exposure to palliative, end-of-life and bereavement care for patients and families at St. Jude. The intern will work with the bereavement coordinator, a psychologist on the Quality of Life team, and will have the opportunity to interface with pediatric palliative care practitioners and to work collaboratively with multiple departments. Most of the work of the intern will be project-focused within the bereavement program and the intern will have the opportunity to interface with bereaved families and participate in research, if desired.
This internship is well suited for individuals seeking a career in fields such as psychology, communications, social services, and hospital administration. The internship is located in Memphis, TN, and is a part-time/full-time learning experience. The intern will receive a stipend and should expect to be available Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends (full-time program during the summer).
- Interested candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college program.
- Candidates are accepted from all majors; an interest in psychology, communications, social services, and hospital administration is preferred, with 3.0 GPA or above. GPA will be validated by transcripts and communication with advisor. Any exceptions to these requirements must be approved by the VP of Academic Programs.
- Must be entering senior year or enrolled in a master’s program to be considered.
Characteristics of the Successful Candidate
Students most likely to succeed as an intern will possess:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- The ability to manage priorities and work autonomously as appropriate
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Inherent motivation to learn
How to Apply
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to InternshipResumes@stjude.org. Your letter should include a statement on how participation in this internship would support your academic and career goals.
Deadline to Submit Cover Letter and Resume
Spring 2019 Deadline October 31, 2018
Summer 2019 Deadline January 4, 2019
Please email InternshipResumes@stjude.org with any questions.