St. Jude Clinical Trials
This is a non-therapeutic clinical trial open to St. Jude patients only.
Participants have been pre-identified by the primary care team as an English-speaking, four-member family unit diagnosed with TP53 mutation.
This is a non-therapeutic clinical trial that is only open to St. Jude patients
Familial Investigations of Childhood Cancer Predisposition
Non-therapeutic clinical trial
This is a non-therapeutic clinical trial that is open to children and adults with familial cancer and to their eligible family members.
Note: This is a research study and is not meant to be a substitute for clinical genetic testing. Families may never receive results from the study or may receive results many years from the time they enroll. If you are interested in clinical genetic testing, please consider seeing a local genetic counselor or other genetics professional. If you have already had clinical genetic testing and meet eligibility criteria for the SJFAMILY study, as outlined below, you may enroll regardless of the results of your clinical genetic testing.
In this research study, the definition of “Familial Cancer” is met if any of the following is present:
- An individual with a history of cancer diagnosed under 26 years of age who has at least one first, second or third degree relative with a history of cancer diagnosed under 51 years of age; OR
- An individual who has been diagnosed with more than one cancer, at least one of which was diagnosed under 26 years of age; OR
- An individual with a clinical or molecular diagnosis of a known cancer predisposition syndrome
Eligible individuals include:
- An individual who meets the definition of “Familial Cancer,” as above
- Blood relatives of the above individual with familial cancer, who are affected or unaffected by cancer
A Registry for Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis (HLH)
- Diagnosis of a primary immunodeficiency predisposed to hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis
- Meets at least 4 of 8 diagnostic criteria for HLH as defined by the Histiocyte Society and is receiving HLH-directed therapy
- High suspicion of isolated Central Nervous System-HLH and is receiving HLH-directed therapy