St. Jude Clinical Trials
ETHEL: Ethanol Lock Therapy for Treatment and Secondary Prophylaxis of Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infection
This is a non-therapeutic clinical trial that is only open to St. Jude patients.
- Participant is ≥ 6 months and < 25 years of age and is ≥ 5 kg.
- Participant has new diagnosis of central line associated blood stream infection with a silicone catheter (ports, and Broviac or Hickman lines will be eligible).
- Participant has not received ELT in the preceding 2 weeks.
- Participant does not have multiple long-term central lines.
FLUVIT: A Double-Blind Randomized, Placebo Controlled Study of Antibody Induction By Vitamin Supplementation At The Time Of Influenza Virus Vaccination In Children
- Participant is age two (2) to eight (8) years inclusive at the time of enrollment.
- Participant is not currently using investigational or immunosuppressive drugs (e.g. steroids) at the time of enrollment.
- Participant is not currently taking a daily (routine) Vitamin A, D or multi-vitamin. Note: Participant who report occasional or sporadic vitamin use will be allowed to enroll.
SENDAI: A Phase I Study of Unmodified Live Intranasal Sendai Virus Vaccine in Children and Toddlers: Assessment of Safety and Immunogenicity
- Child is greater than or equal to twelve (12) months and less than twenty-four (24) months.
- Child has adequate blood, liver and kidney function.
- Child has no history of lung disease, asthma, and hospitalization for respiratory illness, immunodeficiency, sickle cell disease, or any other serious underlying condition.
Collaborative Clinical Trials
ELVIS: Two Part Study to Study Pharmacokinetics, Safety, and Antiviral Activity of Elvitegravir (EVG) Administered With a PI/r Background Regimen for ARV Treatment-Experienced Pediatric Subjects
- Participant does not have life expectancy of less than 1 year.
- Participant does not have history of significant drug sensitivity or drug allergy.
- Participant is not participating in any other clinical trial without prior approval from sponsor while participating in this trial.
- Participant does not have an ongoing serious infection requiring systemic antibiotic therapy at the time of screening.
- At least 3 years old and younger than 17
- Allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipient
- At least 3 and not more than 35 months after transplant
- Platelet count of at least 30,000
GS1269: Emtricitabine/Tenofovir Alafenamide (F/TAF) in HIV-1 Infected Children and Adolescents Virologically Suppressed on a 2-NRTI-Containing Regimen
- Participant is HIV-1 infected male or female aged six (6) to less than eight-teen (18) years of age at Baseline.
- Participant is currently on a stable 2-NRTI (TDF containing) regimen that includes a protocol specified 3rd ARV agent for greater than or equal to six (6) consecutive months prior to screening.
- Participant does not have an acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) indicator condition with onset within thirty (30) days prior to screening.
P1093: Safety of and Immune Response to Dolutegravir in HIV-1 Infected Infants, Children, and Adolescents
- At least 4 weeks old but younger than 18 years old
- Confirmed HIV-1 infection
- Current or past treatment with HIV medications (Children younger than 2 years old may be eligible even if they have not been treated with HIV medications.)