St. Jude Clinical Trials
This is a non-therapeutic clinical trial that is only open to St. Jude patients.
- Participant is under the care of a St. Jude physician with a known or suspected, newly diagnosed bone or soft tissue sarcoma who will be treated on or as per disease specific protocols and has not begun therapy OR participant has started therapy and the needed research imaging can be performed within 2-5 days of starting treatment.
- Participant has undergone or is scheduled for PET-CT, Bone Scan, or PET-CT and Bone Scan within two (2) weeks of the whole body and primary tumor DWI-MRI.
- Participant meets institutional MRI safety screening requirements.
- Participant has not undergone primary tumor resection prior to arrival to St. Jude.
RERTEP: Surgery and Second-Course Radiation Therapy in Treating Younger Patients With Recurrent Ependymoma
- Progressive intracranial ependymoma after prior focal irradiation
- At least 1 year old and younger than 21 years old
- Adequate performance status (ECOG less than 3)
- Does not require mechanical ventilation
- Interval from start of initial radiation therapy to enrollment greater than 9 months
RMS13: Chemotherapy, Surgery, and Radiation Therapy in Treating Patients with Newly Diagnosed, Localized Rhabdomyosarcoma
Rhabdomyosarcoma (low-risk, intermediate-risk and high-risk)
- Must have newly diagnosed rhabdomyosarcoma
- Less than 22 years of age
- Has not received previous treatment with chemotherapy or radiation therapy
RT2CR: Limited Surgery and Proton Beam Radiation Therapy in Treating Younger Patients with Brain Tumors
- 21 years of age or younger
- Diagnosis of craniopharyngioma
- Has not been previously treated with radiation therapy