St. Jude Clinical Trials
Sickle cell anemia, thalassemia
This is a non-therapeutic clinical trial that is only open to St. Jude patients.
- At least 2 years old
- Diagnosed with sickle cell anemia or thalassemia
- No active disease, including painful crisis or active infection
- Adequate blood counts
Non-malignant blood diseases (non-therapeutic)
- Receiving therapy or a consultation for a non-malignant blood disorder
- Biological relatives (with or without a non-malignant blood disorder) who agree to undergo genetic testing
This is a non-therapeutic study for patients at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and Methodist Adult Comprehensive Sickle Cell Center.
- Diagnosis of sickle cell disease (SCD)
- 16 to 20 years old
- English is primary language
This is a non-therapeutic clinical trial that is open only to patients at St. Jude or Methodist Healthcare.
- Between 6 and 25 years old
- Diagnosed with sickle cell disease
- Seeking care for acute vaso-occlusive crisis pain at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital or Methodist Healthcare
- Speaks English
Collaborative Clinical Trials
- Participant with Sickle Cell Disease (laboratory determined HbSS or HbS beta zero thalassemia) who have had >2 episodes of Vaso-occlusive crisis in the past year.
- Participants >2 years of age and < 18 years of age.