The St. Jude Patient Family Advisory Council (PFAC) recognizes hospital staff whose actions and attitude promotes and supports Patient Family-Centered Care (PFCC). They put a "face" on the core concepts, values and philosophy of PFCC. Nominees for an award may include direct care, staff as well as administrative, support, research and service employees. Any employee who exhibits the core concepts of PFCC will be considered for these awards.
The philosophy of PFCC shapes policies, programs, facility design, and the quality and safety of patient care. PFCC leads to better health outcomes, wiser allocation of resources, and greater patient and family satisfaction. PFCC emphases respectful partnerships between patients, families, staff and health care leaders. St. Jude has been totally committed as a PFCC facility since 2008.
It’s all about getting better, doing the right thing, and providing the best possible care.
Staff recognized at Breakfast of Champions
The PFAC recognize St. Jude staff members who exemplify the concepts of PFCC in their area of work and beyond by honoring them at a breakfast held twice yearly.
These exceptional individuals are employees who:
- Actively recommends patient-families to get involved in PFCC initiatives.
- Supports PFCC initiatives by providing exceptional support through technology advancement, services, or by other means that directly improve patient care or the patient experience.
- Embraces and demonstrates the core concepts of PFCC on a regular basis when working with patient-families.
- Has engaged parent advisers in the decision-making process in their department or area of work. This nominee makes an effort to listen and gain feedback from St. Jude parents and caregivers.
- Has engaged the PFAC or other parent advisers in planning, implementing and evaluating department or area-based policies, processes, or operations for the purpose of patient experience improvement.
Select Champions honored as Partner in Excellence
The annual Partner in Excellence is typically selected from previous PFCC Champions. It is a staff member whose work with patient families provides a basis for long-lasting partnership and growth of the PFCC program.
The PFAC selects the Partner in Excellence, who is acknowledged at an annual celebratory event.