The Bee Award recognizes support personnel who have provided exceptional care and service to patients and families. The Bee Award compliments our DAISY Award - an international award given to recognize extraordinary nurses. In the same way as in nature that a bee cannot exist without the daisy, the daisy cannot exist without the bee.
Who can receive this award?
Patient Care Associates (PCA), Patient Care Inventory Specialists (PCIS), Nursing Care Associates (NCA), Surgical/Scrub Techs, Sterile Processing Department (SPD) Techs, Central Sterile Supply (CSS) Techs and Patient Representatives.
When are nominations accepted?
Nominations are accepted year round, but one recipient will be honored each year.
- Patients, caregivers and colleagues can nominate for this award
- Nominations must align the nominee's work toward St. Jude Values
- Employee must be in good standing
- Self nominations will not be accepted
- All nominations will be blinded and reviewed by the Recognition Committee of Nursing Shared Governance
The survey will take approximately 4 minutes to complete. Fields with an asterisk (*) are required.