The Patient Family-Centered Care (PFCC) program operates under a strategic plan focused on partnership with St. Jude staff and leaders, to reach the following goals:
- Set the standard for the patient family experience, which includes the highest quality patient care, in a caring, comfortable and supportive environment.
- Support efforts to improve patient satisfaction, safety, quality and communication specific to performance and improvement
- Assure the diverse patient family populations at St. Jude are well represented when sharing experiences and perspectives
- Contribute to the development of education and informational resources for patient families
- Provide staff education and training by sharing the patient family perspective
- Advance PFCC culture throughout the institution