To offer feedback through electronic means, regarding Family-Centered Care (FCC) and Family Advisory Council (FAC) initiatives at St. Jude.
At the convenience of the E-council member, but feedback is required in a timely manner
- Current or former St. Jude patients (18 years of age and older) as well as family members and caregivers of current or former patients. Applicants should have experience as a patient or in the direct care of a current or former St. Jude patient or family.
- Must present themselves in a professional manner and follow the E-council participation guidelines.
- Access to electronic device (such as PC, tablet, phone, etc.) to correspond with other E-Council members.
- Ability to successfully complete the E-Council membership application.
- Complete level I adviser training including HIPAA and confidentiality basics, overview of FCC, and role description.
Understand and accept:
- Guidelines for taking part on the E-Council
- Guidelines for writing and sending online messages
- Criteria for removal from E-Council
- Work effectively with others and without direct supervision.
- Recognize and respect the multi-cultural needs of our patients and their families.
- Function in an information-sharing role and not offer advocacy or medical advice.
- Follow the guidelines for participation on the E-Council.
- Maintain patient family privacy and confidentiality standards by keeping all information shared within the E-Council within that realm.
- Use the E-Council for the intended purpose of global discussion.
- Use the appropriate channels if you have specific patient care concerns and do not raise those concerns with the E-Council.
- Provide feedback in an appropriate and timely manner.