Security issues parking hangtags and instructions at the information desks in the Patient Care Center and the Chili's Care Center. When your vehicle is on the St. Jude campus, you must display parking hangtags where security officers can see them.
Parking is prohibited in the blood donor and pavilion parking lots, fire lanes, and other restricted areas. These areas are clearly marked. Violations of parking policies could lead to parking tickets, towing, or loss of St. Jude campus parking privileges.
Valet parking is offered free to patients and their immediate family members and caregivers Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. If you desire valet parking, drive into the Chili’s Care Center circle drive and stop at the valet parking station, located in front of the building. An attendant will help you. Please be sure to have your temporary parking hangtag with you. (Hang tags can be obtained at the PCC information desk). If you need to access your car after regular valet hours, you can get your car keys from the security guard at the PCC information desk.
Patient families can also park their own vehicles in the patient parking portion of the lot, west of the Chili’s Care Center, or park in the north garage. If you have questions, please call Security at 901-595-4444.
Security measures and shuttle buses are in place for your safety and ease of travel:
- The gated and fenced parking area has a 24-hour guard booth, security officer and roving patrol. Patients and their families are strongly encouraged to use this lot instead of parking on Jackson Avenue or 3rd Street where there is no security.
- A 15-passenger shuttle bus operates from 7 a.m.–10 p.m. Sunday through Friday. On Saturdays and holidays, it runs from 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. A shuttle schedule with detailed pickup times is available at the Patient Care Center, Chili’s Care Center and all housing facilities. The shuttle runs continuously so waiting times are short. All shuttle buses are equipped with wheelchair lifts for your convenience. (After hours, call Security at 901-595-4444 for transport from the hospital to housing facility.)
Parking and Shuttle Reminders
- Do not park in reserved or designated spaces or areas. They are marked with signs.
- There is a 10-minute time limit when dropping off or picking up in front of the Patient Care Center. Flashers must be on.
- Make sure you have all your belongings when leaving the shuttle bus.
- Report any accidents or thefts to Security at 901-595-4444.