Security issues parking hangtags and instructions at the information desk in the Patient Care Center. When your vehicle is on the St. Jude campus, you must display parking hangtags where security officers can see them.
Parking is prohibited in the blood donor and pavilion parking lots, fire lanes, and other restricted areas. These areas are clearly marked. Violations of parking policies could lead to parking tickets, towing, or loss of St. Jude campus parking privileges.
Limited outpatient parking is offered in the Patient Care Center underground garage. You can enter this garage from the main gate on Lauderdale Street. This parking is monitored 24 hours a day from the Security control center. Overflow outpatient parking is sent to the St. Jude North parking area. St. Jude provides shuttle buses from this area to help patients and their families.
Inpatient and visitor parking is offered at the St. Jude North parking area located off Third Street. Security measures and shuttle buses are in place for your safety and ease of travel:
- A gated and fenced parking area has a 24-hour guard booth security officer and roving patrol. Patients and families are strongly encouraged to use this lot instead of parking on Jackson Avenue or Third Street where there is no security.
- A 15-passenger shuttle bus operates from 6 am–10 pm Sunday through Friday. On Saturdays, it runs from 6 am - 5 pm. The shuttle runs continuously so waiting times are short. Shuttle buses provide car-side service for patients and visitors. One of the shuttle buses has a wheelchair lift. (After hours, call Security at extension 4444 for transport.)
Parking and Shuttle Reminders
- Please park head-in only in the underground garage. Do not back into parking spaces.
- Do not park in reserved or designated spaces or areas. They are marked with signs.
- There is a 10-minute time limit when dropping off or picking up in front of the Patient Care Center. Flashers must be on.
- Make sure you have all your belongings when leaving the shuttle bus.
- Report any accidents or thefts to Security at extension 4444.