View messages from your child's clinic
You can read any messages sent by your child’s doctor or other clinic staff by going to your Inbox (Messaging > Message Center).
If you are looking for a specific message, enter key words in the search field on the Inbox page.
Receive email or text messages when new St. Jude MyChart messages are available
- Go to Profile > Communications.
- Expand the Messages section and select a notification option.
- Update your email address and mobile phone number if needed at the bottom of the page.
Ask your child's care team for medical advice
If you have a medical question that is not urgent, you can send a message to your care team. This message is secure. That means your child’s information stays private.
You might use the Get Medical Advice feature if you:
Are not sure if your child should come in for an appointment
Have questions about the dosage of a medicine
Need more details about something discussed in a recent visit
Want advice about your child’s illness
To use this feature:
- Go to Messaging > Ask a Question.
- Click New Medical Question.
- Select a recipient from the list. This list might include your primary care provider, another doctor with whom you have recently had an office visit, or the general nursing staff at the clinic.
- Select a subject for your message and enter your question.
- When you are finished, click Send.
Someone at your child’s clinic should respond to you within 2 business days. If you have opted to receive notifications for new messages in your St. Jude MyChart account, you will receive a message or notification when the clinic has responded to your request.
To view a message after you have sent it, go to Messaging > Message Center and select the Sent Messages tab. Messages that have an eye icon have not yet been read by clinic staff.