Personalize St. Jude MyChart
There are 3 ways to personalize how St. Jude MyChart appears. For each account you have access to, you can:
- Choose the color scheme.
- Change the name that appears under that person's photo.
- Add or change the photo. Note that photos you upload through St. Jude MyChart are visible to medical staff, so use a photo that shows each person's face.
- Go to Profile > Personalize.
- Click Edit.
- Make any of the changes above and then click Save.
Update your personal information
You can update your address, phone number, email address, and other personal details at any time. This ensures your child’s clinic always has the most up-to-date information.
- Go to Profile > Personal Information.
- Click Edit in the section for the information you need to update.
- Confirm that your updated information is correct, and then click Save Changes.
Customize your notification preferences
St. Jude MyChart can send you notifications by email or text message when there is new information available in your child’s St. Jude MyChart account. You can specify your preferences for different types of notifications, including new messages, test results, prescriptions, appointment updates, and more.
- Go to Profile > Communications.
- Select notification options for a group of notifications (for example, Appointments or Messages) or expand a notification group to select options for individual notifications you want to receive.
- Update your email address and mobile phone number if needed.
Change your St. Jude MyChart password or update your security question and answer
To ensure that your child’s medical information stays protected, consider changing your St. Jude MyChart password periodically. To do so, go to Profile > Security Settings. From this page, you can also update the security question and answer that are used when you forget your St. Jude MyChart username or password.
Protect your account with two-step verification
You can ensure that your child’s account stays secure even if someone else has your username or password by turning on two-step verification. When this feature is turned on, you must enter a code that is sent to you by email or text message to log in to St. Jude MyChart, in addition to using your username and password.
When you log in to St. Jude MyChart for the first time, you might be prompted to verify your email address and phone number to enable two-step verification. If you decide to turn off two-step verification instead, you can turn it on again later.
- Go to Profile > Security Settings and click Turn on Two-Step Verification.
- Confirm your email address or phone number, enter your St. Jude MyChart password, and then click Continue.
- Select whether you want to receive the security code to turn on two-step verification by email or text message.