Family centered care volunteers may participate in a variety of ways, depending on the amount of time you can offer and your unique experiences related to care at St. Jude. Whether you are available for an afternoon or can commit to a monthly meeting, we have a way for you to join our efforts.
What are ways that Family Center Care Volunteers can take part?
- Assist with planning, writing, and editing of the St. Jude Parents newsletter
- Serve on a hospital committee
- Discuss patient needs and experiences with new staff
- Take part in research related to patient care
- Have your family mentor another family
- Share your family's health care story
- Assist with strategic planning committees such as design and construction
- Take part in conferences, educational programs, and training
- Become a part of the Linda R. Hajar Family Resource Center
- Serve on The Family Advisory Council
- Share your experience as a St. Jude patient family as a member of the St. Jude E-Council, an online private advisory council, offering your opinion and ideas to support best patient care