Your clinic visit begins when you check in at the Patient Registration desk just past the Patient Care Center lobby. Your child must receive an identification (ID) armband. You will be handed a schedule card that lists the areas your child needs to visit that day. The ID armband should be removed when your child leaves for the day.
Your first visit may take longer than usual as St. Jude staff gather necessary information from you.
The usual steps of your day are:
- registration desk
- assessment and triage
- patient representative
- check-up by a member of your clinical team
- nurse scheduler to plan your next visit
Other steps may include:
- special testing, such as X-rays, CT or MRI
- meeting with a psychologist, social worker, chaplain or child life specialist
- school lessons in one of the hospital classrooms
- food and nutrition counseling
- dental or other specialty clinic visit.