The Human Resources Internship offers a motivated individual an opportunity to spend a summer placement within the Human Resources department at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Interns will work side-by-side with professionals on projects in a professional environment to gain insight and experience into the world of Human Resources Management and Development.
The internship will be project-focused with exposure to various components of our working environment. The internship is located in Memphis, TN.
Candidates should note that our internships are full-time learning experiences. You should expect to be available Monday through Friday during standard office hours starting June 5, 2023, through August 11, 2023.
Typical Learning Opportunities and Responsibilities
This comprehensive experience will provide you with the opportunity to develop skills in the following competencies: Program Coordination; Program Measurement & Evaluation; Behavior Change Science; Resource Development; Public Speaking.
- Provide support for current health promotion events on the St. Jude Campus and Living Well campaigns, stop-by-tables and in-person workshops.
- Assist in the planning, development, and implementation of wellness programming including communications, presentations, and virtual webinars.
- Facilitating in-person and virtual presentations in front of diverse audiences across the company.
- Assist with the coordination of large-scale programs including well-being, mental health programs, onsite wellness center and wellness-related events.
- Implementation and evaluation of one organization specific intervention.
- Engage with the wellness network and participate in monthly update calls.
Additionally, you will take part in a variety of activities such as networking opportunities, building relationships with a variety of professionals across the institution, and have access to a dedicated mentor, to continue developing new skills.
- Interested candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college (entering junior or senior year) or graduate program. Current Master’s Degree Program student preferred.
- Interested candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college program.
- Candidates are accepted from all majors; an interest in in Health Promotion, Public Health, Exercise Science, or related discipline is preferred. 3.0 GPA or above. GPA will be validated by transcripts and communication with advisor. Any exceptions to these requirements must be approved by the VP of Academic Programs.
Characteristics of the Successful Candidate
Students most likely to succeed as an intern will possess:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- The ability to manage priorities and work autonomously as appropriate
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Experience with Microsoft Office
How to Apply
Apply using the form on the page. Both your resume and cover letter should be in PDF format. Your letter should include a statement on how participation in this internship would support your academic and career goals. Any previous internships or work experience should be included on your resume.
Successful candidates will qualify for a stipend. All other expenses, including food and transportation, are the responsibility of the selected intern.
Please note: Any previous internships or work experience should be included on resume.
Deadline to Submit Cover Letter and Resume
Applications are now open. The deadline to submit is January 31, 2023.
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital mandates the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious accommodation, as a condition of employment.