St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and Rhodes College are pleased to partner together in offering unique educational internship experiences for Bonner Scholars, City Lynx and students seeking Academic Credit.
Chosen candidates gain a well-rounded experience in many areas, including: coordinating and implementing programs and events, writing for newsletters and other print pieces, motivating and supervising volunteers, organizing events, facilitating dinners, customer service, data management, statistical tracking, general office management, and exposure in a hospital setting.
This internship is well suited for individuals seeking careers in fields such as non-profit management, business, communications, marketing, public administration, psychology, social services, public relations and hospital administration. All internships are located at the hospital or at one of the housing facilities in Memphis, TN.
Candidates should note that our internships will be structured and adapted to meet your schedule and academic needs. If interested in your application, we will contact you to schedule a phone or in person interview.
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree seeking program
- Must have an overall GPA of 3.0 or above. GPA will be validated by transcripts and communication with advisor
Characteristics and Experience of the Successful Candidate
Students most likely to succeed in securing one of our highly competitive placements are likely to be those possessing certain pre-requisite characteristics and areas of knowledge, including:
- An ability to interact positively with people of all ages and backgrounds, ranging from St. Jude patients and their parents, hospital staff, volunteers or members of the general public
- An ability to communicate effectively
- Good organizational abilities with a strong attention to detail
- A knowledge of the skills important to customer service, event promotion and implementation, researching and delivering a creative project, and the willingness to learn and develop further knowledge and skills in these areas
- Operation of Microsoft Office Products such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher and Excel, or similar products produced by other manufacturers
- A knowledge of social media
How to Apply
To apply, please fill out our online internship application. On the application, directly under the section ‘Cover letter and resume uploads’, your essay should include a statement on how participation in this internship would support your academic and career goals.
Deadlines to Apply
Please apply at least one semester in advance to ensure adequate time to plan and customize your experience.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.